Top 10 listed for FIA Personality of the Year Award 2013
The FIA is pleased to announce the first phase of the selection process for the inaugural ‘FIA Personality of the Year Award’ has been completed.
All permanently accredited media present at FIA World Championship events throughout 2013 have been asked to select their top three motor sport personalities of the year.
Out of over 80 names put forward, the following ten names have been listed the most:
- Jost CAPITO (Head of Volkswagen Motorsport)
- Eduardo FREITAS (FIA World Endurance Championship, Race Director)
- Monisha KALTENBORN (Sauber Formula One Team, Chief Executive Officer)
- Tom KRISTENSEN (2013 FIA World Endurance Championship Winner)
- Robert KUBICA (2013 FIA World Rally Championship 2 Winner)
- Sébastien LOEB (9-times FIA World Rally Championship Winner)
- Yvan MULLER (2013 FIA World Touring Car Championship Winner)
- Adrian NEWEY (Red Bull Racing Formula One Team, Chief Technical Officer)
- Sébastien OGIER (2013 FIA World Rally Championship Winner)
- Sebastian VETTEL (2013 FIA Formula One World Championship Winner)
The second phase starts on 18 November and runs until 4 December 2013. During that period, the accredited media will have the opportunity to choose one person from the Top 10 listed to be the overall winner of the FIA Personality of the Year Award.
All ten award nominees will be invited to attend the FIA’s Annual Prize-Giving Ceremony, during which the winner will be revealed.
Voting also continues for the FIA Moment of the Year Award on the official FIA Facebook page: