Preview European Drag Racing ChampionshipTraditionally, we start the season in the UK at Santa Pod Raceway. Only a few weeks to go and the FIA European Drag Racing Championship will kick off with The Main Event at Santa Pod Raceway.
FIA Top Fuel Dragster :
Many Top Fuel teams went to the States to do some ‘winter shopping’ to upgrade their 8,000bhp equipment and step up to the next level. Great news of course for the top class of FIA European drag racing.
- 9 teams entered for an 8 car elimination ladder. Competition distance: 1000 foot
- Defending European Champion: Thomas Nataas (NOR)
- Main Event 2013 winner: Antti Horto
- Best ET at the same event 2013 was 4.10 sec set by Thomas Nataas.
FIA Top Methanol Dragster:
After the season 2013, where only four drivers participated in the Methanol Dragster Class, it is great to see, already from the start this season is going to be different. Better.
The class that was doomed to be taken off the FIA Championship (due to too few participants) a few years back, is recovering well by the look of it. With skilled drivers from many nations and fast, consistent running cars the Methanol Dragster Class will be one of the most interesting to follow this season!
- 7 teams entered for an 8 car elimination ladder.
- Defending European Champion: There was no champion in the class 2103. It was due to non of the drivers participated in FIA Championship events in all countries, which was stipulated in the FIA regulations. However this rule is no longer in effect starting 2014.
- Main Event 2013 winner: Thetys in Dave Wilsons car.
- Best ET at the same event 2013 was 5.52 sec set by Thetys
FIA Top Methanol Funny Car:
Less than a week to go until the FIA European Drag Racing Championship will kick off with Main Event at Santa Pod Raceway.
Already before the Championship season starts, we know with certainty that defending Champion Jonnie Lindberg from Sweden will not repeat his achievements this season.
- 5 teams entered for an 8 car elimination ladder
- Defending Champion: Jonnie Lindberg (SWE)
- Main Event 2013 winner: Leif Andreasson
- Best ET at Main Event 2013 was 5.56 sec. run by Leif Andreasson.
FIA Pro Modified:
Time to start Your engines again Dear Racers!
The winter season is over and it’s time to pack the gears for some racing again. Main Event is soon coming up and the teams are getting ready. Over teams in the FIA Championship classes and 200+ drivers racers on the entry list. Everyone eager to hit the track and see what the updates made over the winter will result in.
- 21 teams entered for a 16 car elimination ladder.
- Defending Champion: Michael Gullqvist (SWE)
- Main Event 2013 winner: Michael Gullqvist
- Best ET at Main Event 2013 was 5.9136 sec. set by Marc Meihuizen (NL)
FIA Pro Stock Car:
Speedgroup associated editor Ian Hart has been following and reporting from the FIA Pro Stock Car class for a fews years now and now with the 2014 Championship season start just around the corner, he bring this inside information report from the the teams in class.
The off season has had some very interesting developments in the Pro Stock class, not least of which is the event win for Jimmy Ålund at the Z-Max 4 wides in Charlotte North Carolina. Jimmy becomes the second European to win a "Wally" (Michael Gullqvist in Pro Modified was the first one).
- 5 teams entered for an 8 car elimination ladder.
- Defending Champion: Jimmy Ålund (SWE)
- Main Event 2013 winner: Jimmy Ålund
- Best ET at Main Event 2013 was set by Ålund 6.56 sec (which was also a new European record at that time)
FIA European Drag Racing Championship 2014 – Main Event Entry list:
FIA European Drag Racing Championship 2014 – Classifications :
FIA European Drag Racing Championship 2014 – Calendar: