The FIA University is an initiative aimed at helping FIA's mobility clubs develop to their full potential.
About the FIA University Programme
The FIA University is a unique initiative that can be compared to corporate universities. Unlike traditional universities, where students go to attend programs, corporate universities are structures within companies that recognize training as a key part of what they need to do to achieve their strategic goals.
The FIA University develops global programmes of broad interest within the federation as well as tailor-made programmes for FIA Regions or even for individual clubs such as:
- the FIA University's Latin American Leaders Programme for Region IV
- the FIA University Region II Club Development Program
- or for FIA Region 1 the ACTA Learnership Program and the ACTAC Leading with Impact workshop,
It offers programmes in three areas:
- Strategy and Leadership (Club Governance, Emerging Leaders Programme, Latin American Leaders Programme)
- Public Policy and Advocacy (Strategic Lobbying)
- Functional Expertise
The FIA University was presented for the first time in December 2011. The project grew in 2012 following clubs’ expectations and demands and a grant from the FIA Foundation to the FIA Strategic Programmes on Road Safety and Capacity Building helped turn the project into a reality. 2013 saw the delivery of two Emerging Leaders Programmes (ELP) in Barcelona and the Strategic Lobbying Programme in The Hague, which received a great feedback from participants, and were renewed in 2014 and 2015. The Latin American Leaders Programme has run 2 modules in Miami (2014), Asunción and Montevideo in 2015
The FIA University is open to all members and stakeholders within the Federation.