The safety challenges faced in circuit and in rally are significantly different.
The safety focus starts very early in circuit, well before the laying of its first foundation stone.
The drawing of any new circuit wishing to be issued an FIA licence is studied by the FIA down to the finest detail through various simulation processes. There is for instance a very careful assessment of the consistency of the curve trajectory, the deceleration zones and the impact-absorbing trackside protection with the safety levels required by the FIA standards.
Once the circuit is built, a very thorough verification of the safety level of the track is performed by an FIA inspector before an FIA licence can be issued.
- Circuits Layout and Information
- Licensed circuits
- Related Regulations
- Specifications and Guidelines
- List of Requirements for the Circuit Drawing
- AutoCAD template with blocs and lines types
- AutoCAD template with typical extracts of plans
- Control panel for recommended light signals for standing start
- Recommended light signals for standing start in circuit events
- Light signalisation systems_Issue_01
- FIA Performance Specification 2010 - Motor racing circuit floodlighting
- Guide Briefing Driver V1 f/ V1a
- Guidelines_Artif Grass DRAFT 2011 Ed 1 V1 af
- Procedures for the Recognition of Drag Strips - published on28.03.2012
Questionnaire to be completed ahead of the construction of a medical centre
- Standards and technical lists
- FIA Standard 8861-2000 - Energy Absorbing Inserts for Formula One Tyre Barriers
- FIA Safety Barriers Standard
- Technical List N°20 Energy absorbing inserts for Formula One tyre barriers complying with the standard FIA 8861-2000 - published on: 13.10.2009
- Technical List N°26 Anti-Skid Paints for Track Marking (FIM Standard) - published on: 08.09.2004